SUPW CLASS X
The activities being conducted for students of class x for SUPW
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW GARDENING
Gardening, an activity in SUPW is an effort to sensitize children to take care of plants and nurture them.
The students are made familiar with techniques of crop management like seed bed preparation, manuring, mowing the garden and using different tools for gardening.Children will enhance
their skills by learning the requirements of different plants for their healthy growth.The students’ knowledge of plants is tested by conducting quizzes and solving worsheets on different plants. Students were asked to make a Herbarium on different kinds of leaves and flowers as part of their holiday homework.
A small herbal garden will be developed by students which will contain all the common herbs.
They will label the plants with their biological name and highlight their medicinal value.
Teacher incharges: Arpana Mehta,Tara Raghunath, Ritu Jain
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW COMPUTER
Computers have been offered as an activity in SUPW to class X students.
Students have been devided into groups and are preparing presentations on a wide variety of topics like “mother India”,”games” , “ environment” etc ; using Impress software.
Teacher Incharges : Bindu Pandey , Ruchi Dhawan
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW COOKERY
Students are being taught cookery as an option for their SUPW. Students are taught basic table manners and hygiene. They are also taught cooking without fire. Students have been taught to prepare delicious dishes like fruit cream, bhelpuri, pasta salads, chocolate truffles etc.
This familiarizes children to cooking and makes them independent.
Teacher Incharges : Hema Gupta
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW ART
Student are also being offered Art and Painting as an option for their SUPW. Painting is being taught with different types of mediums like water colours, poster colours, oil pastels etc.
Different types of Paintings like collage, poster etc were also made .
For future classes- glass painting & canvas painting is planned.
Teacher Incharge : Mr. Prasad
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW ENVIRONMENT CLUB
Students are being offered a host of different activities to make them aware of the environment. The activities planned as a part of the club are :
1. Students watched a movie on pollution of river Yamuna in the AV Room.
2. Paper bag making activity to generate awareness in discarding polybags and make use of biodegradable items to preserve the environment.
3. Environment Quiz where the entire group was divided into four groups and environment related questions are discussed.
4. Visit to the Paper Recycling Plant of the school to have hands on experience on making of paper.
5. Preparation of a Herbarium to be able to identify and collect varity of leaves.
6. Tree Plantaion by the students at the community level in their neighbouhood.
7. Preparing Book Marks and Envelops from old invitation cards.
8. Students prepared power point presentation on any one environmental issue.
Teacher Incharge : Ramani Dhadhwal
REPORT ON CLASS X SUPW EVENT MANAGEMENT
At the outset, the students and teachers in charge of this activity, mutually decided to do something different. No boring lectures, no routine written work…..Lets make the class FUN FILLED AND INTERACTIVE !
Activities planned and conducted during the first semester, April – September 2011 :
1. Folder making —- design and paint/ decorate/beautify a folder to be put before the judges in an upcoming event.
2. Students were divided into groups, each ran around and collected phone numbers of staff members, both teaching and non teaching, such as their respective subject teachers, plumber, electrician, estate manager, floor cleanliness in charge etc and put those up on the notice board to make management of work easier.
3. Students were dived into groups and asked to prepare a short entertainment programme for a sudden celebrity visit to their school…needless to say they came out with flying colours and provided rib tickling entertainment.
4. All students were taken on a visit to the paper recycling plant which has been set up with great effort by the school. Aim was to make them further aware of their environment and the need to preserve it.
5. To check how good a manager they are, the students were divided into small groups and given a product to sell within a stipulated time to their teachers…the ones with great persuasion powers did their job quickly while others had to make do with learning a few tricks of the trade.
6. Students were divided into groups and asked to plan a party with all frills attached…they could choose their area of interest, such as food, decoration games etc.
7. To break the monotony, an impromptu Tambola session was organized purely for the entertainment of the club members….after all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy !