Interact Club (2)
President – Sannidhya Awasthi
Vice president – Avantika Mohun
Sergeant at arms – Arjun Rathee
Director – Subhalaxmi Sen
Secretary- Ayush Dhingra
Under-Secretary- Vasundhara Mathur
Director- Dhruv Oberoi
Treasurer- Devika Agarwal
Director- Himangi Ticku
Director- Rohak Singhal
Director- Salonee Gupta
Director- Ritvik Khanna
INTERACT CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS, 2012 – 2013
- Interact Club members participated keenly in the Interact Annual symposium held at Modern School, Barakhamba road on August 4, 2012. The students actively took part in the Panel Discussion, Poster-Making, Essay Writing and One Act Play, where the topic was, ‘Help and Educate about Autism Related Tribulations (H.E.A.R.T.)’. Their Participation was commendable and Suvij Sudershan of Class XII even bagged the first prize in the essay competition.
- Our Western Music Band participated in the Zonal Round of the National Inter-DPS Vocal Music festival held at DPS RK Puram and qualified with an overall 3rd position for the Nationals being held end November.
- The Western Music Band also participated in the Western Music Competition – “CRESCENDO” held at Amity International School, Mayur Vihar and “Bosco Fiesta” at Don Bosco School Alaknanda, New Delhi.
INTERACT CLUB ACTIVITIES
- Attended Dila – Club members attended the annual DILA – District Interact Leadership Assembly organised by Rotary Club of Delhi at Kulachi Hansraj Model School, New Delhi on 9th October, 2012. The Assembly emphasised on Autism and Women empowerment which was presided under the the Guidance of the retired Police Commissioner, Kiran Bedi.
- Disha – A self enhancement Program was and attended by members of the Interact Club held by the Rotary club to provide them with ‘Direction’ at PHD Chambers in Hauz Khas, New Delhi. The workshop was very well received by the students.
- Organised a campaign in support of Hindustan Times’ recent initiative “You Read, They Learn”. Students part of the Interact Club contributed by donating novels, old textbooks etc and encouraged others to support the cause. The campaign was a great success and resulted in hundreds of books being donated for the cause.
INTERACT CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS, 2011 – 2012
- Our Western Music Band participated in the Western Music Competition – CRESCENDO –at Amity International School, Mayur Vihar, on August 3, 2011 and won the following positions :
Band Performance — Second position
Pritesh won the Best Guitarist Award and Arjun Mathur won the coveted Best Drummer.
- The Annual Inter DPS Western Vocal Music Festival, saw the young Musicians of DPS Noida participating whole heartedly in the Zonal round for NCR region which was held on August 6, 2011. Our Band won the First Prize in the Group Song and the Second Prize in Solo Singing. We bagged the Overall Trophy and thereby qualified to participate in the National Finals to be held in October.
- Members of the Interact Club attended the Inauguration of the Rotary Blood Bank on May 10, 2011, where they also interacted informally with the Rotary President and other dignitaries of the club.
Interviews for membership to the club, for classes IX to XI , were held in July, 2011.
Elections for the Office Bearers of the Club for the session 2011 – 12, were held in the first week of August, where the members elected their leaders in a truly democratic manner.
- Interact Club members participated keenly in the Interact Annual Symposium held at Modern School, Barakhamba road on August 6, 2011. The students actively took part in the Panel Discussion, Poster Making, Essay Writing and One Act Play, where the topic was, ‘ Assuring Women A risk Free Environment’. Their Participation was commendable.
INTERACT CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS, 2010 – 2011
On 11 Dec, 2010, the Annual Western Music Extravaganza, Interact Thunder
was held amidst a vibrant, energetic and electrifying atmosphere in the
school grounds. The competition was limited to ten schools.The event was
Judged by Mr Anmol Rai, Mr Robin Mathews and Ms Shivangi Tewari. Sommerville
,Noida, Bagged the overall Trophy while DPS R. K. Puram and Tagore International
were declared the first and second runners up. The ‘Rising Stars’
of Shiksha Kendra as well as the dynamic school band ‘Kronic Rage’,
kept the audience well entertained.
The surprise package was a band performance by old band members of DPS
Noida- Shagun Trisal, Yuvraj Khanna and Abhimanyu Singh. The Guest band
, Guillotine, saw all the students head banging and enjoying to the core.
© 2016: Delhi Public School, Noida