The Club aims to provide a significant training ground for the development of its members. All activities have been designed to enhance the oratory skills of the students.
The club plans to have a stay back fortnightly to train/ guide the students for Inter- School and Inter- section competitions.
The students participated in various Inter- School competitions. The achievements of the club in the first term are:
1. On 26th July 2016, Abhiraj Singh and Aditya Tiwari of class IX participated in the debate competition in Apeejay School on the topic ,”If you want peace, be ready for war.” Aditya Tiwari was adjudged the Third Best Speaker.
2. Ayuj Consul and Navya Simran Chhabra of class XI participated in a debate competition in Amity School, Vasundhara on 3rd August, 2016. The topic of the debate was, “ A Just Government must prioritise Civil Liberties over National Security.” Navya bagged the Second Position.
3. A Debate competition was held on 3rd August 2016 in Pragyan School on the topic,”Being literate is different from being educated.” Pooja Saluja and Udityavardhan of classes VI & VII bagged the First Position.
4. Mohd. Arham, Ayuj Consul and Rakshita of class XI participated in a debate competition in Pragyan School on 4th August 2016.The Topic of the debate was ,”Europian Union Referendum – Will India Benefit from Brexit?” The team won the First Posititon.
5. Shanaaya Suneja of class XI and Garima Saluja of Class X participated in a debate competition in Cambridge school on 2nd September 2016 on the topic, “Social Networking sites are simply a means of stalking people.” The Team received a special mention from the judges.