- At the District Basketball Championships (Girls U-16) organised at Army Public School, Noida, DPSN won the Second Runners Up Trophy. 16 schools from Noida and Greater Noida participated in this Championship. The Best Shooter Award was given to Ananya Gupta of class X who has also been selected for the State Championship alongwith Anurita Ahuja of class X
- 3 teams of Quizzers from class IX won the 1st prize in a Quiz competition ‘Unquestionably Modern’, organised by Modern School, Barakhamba Road. DPSN won in all the three formats – General Quiz, BEST Quiz and MELA Quiz, a creditable achievement !
May 3,5 and 16
- Three tree plantation drives were organised for classes VI, VII and VIII to transplant the saplings (varied medicinal & ornamental plants) brought by 166 students of various classes. All the plants were transplanted in mud pots. The students pledged to take care of the plants and ensure that they do not die.
- DPSN won the 3rd prize in the Senior Category of the Annual Theatre Fest “Ignited Spirit 2017”, organised by Amity International School, Pushp Vihar, Delhi. The theme for the drama was ‘The Whispers of Conscience’. The Play was titled ‘Monsters don’t live under the bed, they live in yourhead.’
- DPSN got the second Prize in Quiz and Symposium at the Inter School Computer Competition UNPLUGGED 7.0 organised by Khaitan School, Noida.
- The students of DPS Noida participated in Toddle Waddle – The Character Walk at DPS Greater Noida which was a part of their language festival ‘Myriad Manifestations’. They enacted a scene from Charles Dickens memorable classic ‘Oliver Twist’ and bagged the 2nd prize. The participants Aditya Pandey of V-E and Aditya Dubey of VI -I were highly praised by the judges for their note-worthy performance.
- DPSN won the Overall Championship, by winning 56 medals at the 15th State Shito-Ryu Inter School Karate Championship-2017, held at Mayoor School, Noida. Around 18 schools participated in this Championship. DPSN won 18 golds, 24 silvers and 14 bronzes.
- DPSN Horse Riders won 28 medals at the Excellentia Horse Show, organised at the Excellentia Equitation Centre, New Delhi. The students participated in Stick and Ball, Ball and Bucket, Hack, Jumping and Dressage.
- DPSN won the 3rd position in the Band Performance at ‘Dynamics 2017’ the Western Music Competition of DPS R.K.Puram. Rohan Chopra of class XI won the Best Guitarist Award.
- DPSN was the centre for NEET(UG) Exam-2017, a global level prestigious entrance exam. The school conducted it with intense vigilance, adhering to the guidelines issued by the CBSE.
- The interactors of Delhi Public School, Noida actively participated in the Annual Governor’s Official Visit organised by the Rotary Club of Noida, District 3012. The event was chaired by District Governor Rtn. Sharat Jain and RCN’s President Rtn. Shashank Agarwal. The students identified their duties and responsibilities as the future citizens and enthusiastically exchanged new ideas and visions during the interactive session. They were also made aware about the future goals set up by the Rotary Club of Noida and were deeply motivated towards achieving the same. Moreover, the Interact Club of DPS Noida was highly appreciated by the esteemed guests for their dedicated contribution towards the betterment of society. It was indeed an exceptional learning opportunity for the budding youths of Rotary, including the philosophy of humanistic social responsibility and the necessity to carry forward the legacy of ‘Service Before Self’.
- Inesh Vij of class XI and Lavanya Dhawan of class X went for a PASCH Youth Camp to Germany (Sankt Peter Ording, Germany). All the costs of the Camp were borne by Goethe Institute, New Delhi.
- 15 teachers of affiliated DPS Schools teaching at the Upper Primary Level, visited DPSN for three days to pick up some good teaching practices followed in the school. The participants were exposed to sessions on Lesson Planning and Teaching Aids, Behaviour Management, Activity Based Teaching and Incorporating MI Skills, Co-Curricular activities, Preparation of Assignments and Question Papers etc. They also observed classes, visited the library and attended sessions on Life Skills and Value Education. It was an enriching programme for the visiting teachers..
- 5 students of class X attended an academic camp for top ranked students of SMTE, organised at DPSS- HRD Centre, DPS Dwarka Campus.
- Rashmee Anand of the French Department attended a DELF Coordinators Meeting, at Institute of French in India (IFI) to plan the Delf Exam Dates for the year 2017. The possibility of introducing Delf Prim to cater to students between 8-11 years was also discussed.
- A session of ‘Classroom Management’ was conducted for the Upper Primary Teachers of various new branches of DPS situated across the country, by Ms. Aditi Mitra, Counsellor, DPS Noida as a part of a 2 day Induction Programme organised by DPS Society. The session was organised in the AV Room of DPS Noida.
- 150 people from the PF Department of Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India, attended a Meditation Session at DPS Noida Multipurpose Hall which was used as a venue for the same.
- Aditi Mitra, Counsellor DPS Noida, conducted a session for the parents and students of the Indo-Swiss Exchange Programme and Australian Educational Programme.The session aimed at discussing some important points that students and parents needed to keep in mind when travelling to a new country. The focus was on the need for effective communication, unity within the group, to keep teacher escorts updated with information about their plans and safety. Parents were also motivated to reiterate rules to their children with respect to do’s and don’ts . They were encouraged to also clarify any queries they may have related to the travel. Overall the session was well received.The students were made to fill up a questionnaire which contained situation based questions to help them understand the appropriate way to respond in those situations.
May 11 – 12
- In the event ‘VIBGYOR 2017-18’ held at Sarla Chopra D.A.V Centenary Public School, Noida the second position was secured by the Odissi dancers from classes
III – V in the Indian Classical Dance category. DPSN bagged the 2nd position in the Paint Brush Competition, Indian Folk song and Indian Bhajan Competition.
- DPSN won the Overall Trophy at the Inter School Biennial Physics Symposium CYCLOTRON-2017, hosted by the Physics Club of Modern School, Barakhamba Road.
- At the Commerce Conclave organised by G.D. Goenka Ghaziabad, DPSN won the 1st prize in Skit Competition and Business Plan.
- At the Inter School Music Competition, VIBGYOR organised by Sarla Chopra DAV Public School, Noida, DPSNM got the 3rd position in Tabla Solo and in Taal Chakra
- At the Inter School Sangam Festival organised by DPS Ghaziabad, DPSN won the 1st prize in Fireless Cooking (German), 2nd position in Singing (Japanese) and 3rd position in Fireless Cooking and Game (Spanish) and Tongue Twisters (French).
- A workshop on ‘Stream Selection – its Career Prospects’ was organised for class XI students to apprise them with different subject streams available. Mr. Anubhav, a motivational speaker and career counsellor from ‘Pratham – Careers Guidance Centre’ gave information to the students about various streams of study,while focussing on offbeat careers like photography, Fashion Industry etc.
- A Puppet showwas organized for Nursery students. The story – “The Dragon Who Could Not Breathe FIRE” was narrated using puppets. The students were enthralled to see the colourful puppets moving and talking as if they were real!
- In the Inter School Language Competition held at Delhi Public School, Ghaziabad. Japanese language students secured the second position in singing.
- Shiv Narayan of class IX won the 1st prize in ‘Through the Scope (On the Spot Photography) Competition at DIGEX, 2017 conducted by the Photography Club of DPS R.K.Puram. The event witnessed mammoth participation of more than 150 schools from Delhi/NCR. Shiv Narayan was awarded the best prize of the event – a CANON BOOD Camera with 2 lenses, costing approx. Rs.30,000/-
- Nine students of class X appeared for the second level of the prestigious National Talent Search Examination (NTSE-2016-17). The result is awaited.
May 13 – 24
- 17 students (X-XI) and 2 teachers of DPSN, Mrs. Nidhi Singh, Vice Principal and Mrs. Gurleena Sikka, Coordinator Foreign Exchanges, visited Wirtschafts Gymnasium, Basel, Switzerland, as a part of the historic first Indo Swiss Exchange Programme, supported by the CH and Mercator Foundation Switzerland. The delegation participated in various educational activities which included project presentations on a comparative study of the Swiss and Indian economy and classroom observations. The students were also taken to witness tourist attractions like Rhine Falls, Mount Tittis in Luzern, Town Hall, Churches etc. alongwith a visit to Berne, the capital of Switzerland. The students stayed with the host families and closely observed the customs and culture imbibing virtues of punctuality and responsibility towards household chores. Visit to Colmar in France and Laurec in Germany completed their European experience.
- Seven versatile scholars of DPSN from classes XI-XII werefelicitated by the Community Radio Station – Salam Namaste which runs the programme called ‘Salam School’ at the Institute Of Management Science, Sector-62, Noida. The institute was celebrating ‘Versastic’- 20 years of excellence.
- DPSN won 2 Best Delegate Awards at ZESTE MUN, organised by Ryan International Mayur Vihar. The students also won 2 High Commendations and 2 Special Mentions.
- Shalini Pandey, Mrs. Mani Mahajan, Mrs. Namita Sharma, Mrs. Poonam Gokel, Mrs. Sonali Mehra and Mrs. Anu Kaushik attended a three day workshop, organised by DPS Society HRD Centre on ‘Evaluation for Improving Pupil Performance’. The programme focussed on the task of assessment and evaluation as on-going processes to help shape curriculum and pedagogy. The workshop helped the participants to develop Evaluation Skills, making the process more effective.
- DPSN coordinated the accommodation and transport facilities for 8 outstation delegate teachers from Delhi Public Schools who were participating in a workshop being held at DPSS-HRDC Lodhi Road on ‘Evaluation for improving pupil performance.’
- Enrichment workshops were organised for the teachers of DPS Noida in the Multipurpose Hall of the school as an annual exercise, oriented towards personal and professional development. The workshops included Health and Nutrition, Behaviour Issues, Sahaj Yoga meditation, Theatre and Music in Education, Body Language, Accupressure Techniques, Chemistry and its Usage, Time Management, Power of Positive thinking, Paper making, Dossier Completion and student Datas. Yoga sessions were also organised every day, from 8.00 am to 9.00 am.
- DPSN won the Runners Up Trophy at the Under-14 State Championship (Basketball) held at Allahabad. Two students have been selected for the Nationals, to be held in Chandigarh, later in the year.
May 22 & 23
- Shailja Dixit and Ms. Kanika Mehra attended a 2 day workshop on ‘Challenging Areas in Social Science-class X’, organised by the Centre of Excellence for Teachers (COE), CBSE. The workshop was hosted by Lotus Valley
- International School, Noida.
- Rashmi Seth, Mrs. Ajita Menon and Mr. Arun Kumar of Maths Department, Mr. Alok Kumar, Ms. Arpana Mehta and Ms. Vani Datta of the Physics Department and Mrs. Sandesh Arora, Ms. Manisha Mehta and Ms. Darshan Sodhi of the Chemistry Department attended the DPSS NIE Professional Development Course on Teaching of Science & Mathematics at HRD Centre, Dwarka, conducted by Prof. R. Subramanium from Singapore. The workshop tackled aspects like use of technology in classroom teaching, using fillers like word symbols to capture students’ interest, designing multiple choice questions etc. Prof. Subhramanium shared the education policy and experiences of teaching Pedagogy adopted in Singapore.
- Kaamini Bhasin, Principal DPSN, conducted sessions on the ‘Early Elementary and Upper Elementary, Years; Laying Foundations’, at DPS Society’s HRD Centre, Dwarka, as a part of the ‘Induction Level Programme’ organised for the newly appointed School Heads of Delhi Public Schools. About 35 delegates participated in this programme.
- DPSN swimmers created 12 new State Records (Individual and Relay events) at the prestigious P. State Junior Swimming championship, 2017 held at Meerut. The students won 17 gold medals, 6 silver medals and 1 Bronze medal. 5 students have been selected to participate in the Junior National Swimming Championship 2017, which is to be held Pune in July 2017.
- Rhea Bhatia (98.2%-Commerce Stream) and Faraz R. Mallick (98.8%-Science Stream) the CBSE class XII toppers of DPS Noida were honoured along with 3 other students from Noida at the Office of the District Magistrate, Gautam Budha Nagar, Mr. B. N. Singh,for their exemplary performance. They were given a plant as a gift and congratulated for bringing glory to their district.
- Rachna Misra of the Biology department attended the Orientation Session on Graded Response Action Plan on controlling Air Pollution, headed by Dr.Burelal, Chairman and Mrs. Sunita Narain, Secretary, Environment Pollution Board. The programme was organised at Indira Bhavan Hall, Noida. Officials from different government departments like Transport, PWD etc gave their inputs on the formation of the action plan for reducing Air Pollution which included judicious use of dustbins, segregation of wastes etc.