- Students of Harmonics, the Western Music Club, DPSN were invited to perform to a gathering held in the India International Centre to celebrate the World Sleep Day. The students sang a Solo, a Duet and a Group song (gospel). This event was organised by the Neurology and Sleep Centre of Delhi.
- The children of Class II became chefs for a day and used their creativity to make yummy, mouth watering snacks. Using fireless cooking, they made healthy food items like sandwiches, fruit cream, salads and chaat. They also presented the food innovatively. Two children from each section were given the ‘Master Chef’ Awards.
- In the second level of National Science Olympiad, Darsh Kedia of Class IV secured International Rank 1 and was awarded a cheque of Rs. 50,000/- and International Gold Medal. Pratulya Trivedi of Class III secured International Rank 6 and was awarded a cheque of Rs. 5000 and a Zonal Gold Medal.
- In the second level of the International Mathematics Olympiad, Abhinav Khetan of Class III secured International Rank 9.
Pratulya Trivedi of Class III and Darsh Kedia of Class IV were the Academic Excellence Scholarship winners from the Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand Zone for their excellent performance in the SOF Olympiads in the session 2016-17.
- In the second level of National Cyber Olympiad (NCO), Darsh Kedia (IV) secured International Rank 4 and was awarded Rs.5000/-, Zonal Gold Medal and Merit Certificate.
- Meenakshi Kapoor of the French Department attended the Selection Committee Meeting at DPS Greater Noida for selection of candidates for teaching French.
- In the National Talent Search Examination conducted by Unified Council, Hyderabad. Aashman Sirohi of Class II secured All India Rank 1. He was awarded a cash award of 28,572, a momento and a medal. Darsh Kedia of Class IV secured All India Rank 3 and was awarded a Tablet PC, momento and a medal. 7 students were declared National Achievers for securing Top 100 National Ranks.
- Suchir Kaustav and Shashwat Mundra of class VII secured All India Rank 3 at the Unified Cyber Olympiad, held on February 5, 2017 at Shriram Millennium School, Noida. 5 students from classes VI – X secured All India Rank between 1 and 100. 22 students were National achievers by achieving ranks between 1- 100.
- In the second round of Unified Cyber Olympiad, Darsh Kedia (IV) won all India Rank 1 and was awarded a Tablet PC, CD, books and Medal. 4 students were awarded cash award of 500, book, CD and Medal for securing All India Ranks between 1-25.
- Sunaina Das of Class VIII won the Zonal Gold Medal and International Rank 4 at the 2nd level of the National Science Olympiad (NSO) conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation. Two students received the Silver Zonal Medal and one student received a bronze.
- In the International English Olympiad 2 students of Class I, 14 students of Class II, 6 students of Class III and 5 students of Class IV secured International Rank 1. 48 students from Classes I to V were awarded Medals of Excellence. 71 students from Classes I to V secured International Ranks 1 to 100.
March 17, 18 and 20
- Rashmee Anand of the French Department attended a meeting organised by the Committee finalising the marking scheme for the class X Board Paper of French.
- Manpreet Kaur of the German Department attended an Orientation Sessionfor the new FIT in Deutsch 2 Exam at Max Mueller Bhavan where she was acquainted with the nuances of the exam in order to be able to guide the students in their preparation.
March 21 – 31
- Seventeen students of Wirtschafts Gymnasium und Wirtschaftsmittel Schule, accompanied by their Principal,Mr. Patrick Langloh and teachers Mr.Marc Dahinden and Ms.Sonja Nussbaumer, visited Delhi Public School, Noida, during the first Indo-Swiss Classroom ExchangeProgrammewhich marked a glorious journey of cultural-educational enrichment that the two schools have embarked upon. One of the privileged five schools from India, chosen for this programme, DPS Noida students worked in closed partnership with their Swiss counterparts on a project in the field of economics through a virtual classroom.
The school organized a rich experience for its guests which comprised classroom activities, creative workshops, discussions on the Project, Yoga sessions along with Handicrafts and Cooking classes and visits to historical monuments. A three day trip to Agra and Jaipur exposed the delegation to the beauty of Indian architecture, the rich colours of the land and its cultural tapestry. Shopping expeditions were organized to enable the students to pick up artefacts and articles, gloriously Indian. The Swiss enjoyed their interaction with the students of DPS Noida and took back with them rich memories of their stay. A Special Assembly, which also marked the beginning of the new session of 2017-18, was organized to bid them farewell, where the students sang, danced and spoke about their experiences. The Principal, DPS Noida, Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin, in her farewell address said “These exchange programmes are a very versatile component of the school system, providing invaluable learning and leading us to a happier and more tolerant world”.
- Rekha Pillai of the Maths department, Mrs. Nidhi Ahuja of Accounts department and Mrs. Taranjeet Brar of Economics department attended a Selection Committee Meeting at DPS Indirapuram as Subject Experts.
- 70Astronomy Club students of class VII and 5 teachers attended an overnight Astronomy session at Camp Mustang on Sohna Road, near Gurgaon. The objective of the camp was viewing various constellations, moons and rings around planets, getting hands on experience on astronomical telescopes and Astro Photography.
- 72 students of DPSN were awarded gold medals (90% and above) and 5 received a shield (100%) at National Mathematics Olympiad conducted by AISMTA for classes VI-XII. 618 students appeared for the exam.
- Six outstanding sports personsof DPSN were felicitated with cash awards and shields by District Magistrate Gautam Budh Nagar, Shri N.P. Singh, at a glittering ceremony held at Indira Gandhi Kala Kendra, Noida. Anika Verma of DPSN, National Golf Champion, was awarded a cash prize of Rs.40,000/-whereas Champion Swimmer Aaliyah Singh, received a cash award of Rs.50,000/-. Swimmers Shlok Agarwal and Navya Singhal got Rs. 25,000/- each and Arihan Singh Deshwal and Aryan Yuvraj got Rs.15,000/- each.
- Nearly 500 tiny-tots participated in a mega production titled ‘Nature – My Teacher’ which was a tribute to the lessons and values that nature provides us. The programme commenced with the lighting of the traditional lamp, followed by the felicitation of the visiting students and teachers of the Swiss Exchange Programme. The production, a musical extravaganza was a treat for the senses with elaborate props and settings and visual inputs showcasing the values the different elements of nature symbolize. The students also took a pledge to respect the gifts of nature, conserve it and protect Mother Earth.
- Class V students participated in the Aryabhatta Interschool Mathematics Competition at Summerfields School, Kailash Colony. Arnesh Pati secured 85% and was awarded a Consolation Prize.
- Aditya Srivastava of class VI achieved International Rank 1 in the 16th SOF National Cyber Olympiad 2016-17 held on 12th February 2017. He was formally felicitated for this noteworthy achievement on 4th June at India Habitat Centre. He was awarded Rs. 50000/- and an International Gold Medal. 14 students from classes VI-X secured International Rank 1-100. Madhur Agarwal of class IX secured Zonal Rank 1 and Rs. 5000/- and a Zonal Gold Medal. Sahil Garg of class IX secured Zonal Rank 2 and was awarded Rs. 2500/- and a Zonal Silver Medal.
- Suchir Kaustav and Shashwat Mundra of class VII secured All India Rank3 at UCO(Unified Cyber Olympiad) 2016. 5 students from classes V-X secured all India rank 1-10. 22 students were declared National Achievers for securing ranks between 1-100.
- 5 students from classes X-XII, alongwith Mrs. Maneesha Joshi, participated in a Symposium titled ‘Electoral Reforms are essential for a clean Economy’ organised by Vasant Valley School, New Delhi. In the symposium, noted journalist and MP, Mr. Swapan Das Gupta held an interaction with Dr. S.Y. Qureshi, former Chief Election Commissioner of India.