- Sahil Garg of class IX received a Special Appreciation Award and a Cash Prize in the Commerce Wizard-2016, a Talent Search Test conducted by the Career Counselling Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- 185 students of classes I-XII were selected for the Second Level of the National Science Olympiad, conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation. Shlok Srivastava of class IV secured International Rank 5. 28 students received medal of excellence.
- Srijani Pathak of class III and Ashman Das of class II secured International Rank 1 and 8 in the First Round of National Cyber Olympiad conducted by SOF in October 2016. Thirty five out of 489 students have been selected for the Second Level, with 11 students awarded with Medal of Excellence and 12 students with gold, silver and bronze medals.
- 15 members of the Interact Club of DPS Noida, accompanied by Mrs. Rashima Kasal, visited the Nirvana Animal Shelter – a unit of Posh Foundation, Sector 128, Noida to show support towards animal welfare. The main aim of the visit was to sensitise the students towards their environment and to the animals who form an integral part of it. The Posh Foundation caters to animals who are victims of road rage, acid attacks and other such adversities. The students showered love on these animals and came back with an immense sense of respect for the little known Posh Foundation. It also helped them to fulfil their responsibility while carrying forward the legacy of DPSN, Service Before Self.
- Inesh Vij of class X and Laavanya Dhawan of class IX were chosen to attend PASCH Youth Camp(2017) in Germany after a qualifying interview held at Goethe Institute, Max Muellar Bhavan.
- Students of classes VI-VIII were sent on a Vedic Cultural Museum Tour to ISKCON Temple to enlighten them about the rich Vedic Cultural heritage.
- Two French learners of class X participated in the Advanced Level of the French Spellbee Competition, organised by Frehindi, at Deshmukh Auditorium, New Delhi. They had reached the finale after cleaning the Zonal Round held in Khaitan Public School in December.
- Karn Kasturi of class X won the 2nd position in GD Pro Junior, a national competition which saw participation from approximately 97 schools from all over the country. Gaurika Poplai of class XI had also qualified for the grand finale for which 16 students were selected out of 258.
- In the 6th Invitational Inter School Skating Competition, held at Jagran Public School, Suryansh Gaur (IV A) and Vanya Singh (Prep D) won gold medals and Priyanshi Sharma (Prep G) was awarded a silver medal.
January 23 to 25
- Latika Handa attended a 3-day workshop at HRD Centre, DPS Dwarka on the topic “Role of a Teacher as a Counsellor”. It consisted of 9 sessions conducted by counselors from various DPS branches. It was enriching to exchange valuable insights which are helpful for effective teaching.
- Rashmee Anand of the French Department was the Subject Expert at Bal Bharti Public School, Noida, for the selection of the French faculty. She conducted an interview comprising written and oral components.
- 288 students of classes VI-XII participated in the prestigious National Science Talent Search Examination(NSTSE) in the school premises. The results are awaited.
- DPSN were the Overall Winners at Razzmatazz 2017, the Inter School Western Music Competition organised by Amity International School, Pushp Vihar. DPSN won the 2nd prize in Band Performance and Solo Competition and won the award for the Best Guitarist, Rhythm.
- National Voters’ Day was celebrated at DPS Noida to encourage the young future voters to take part in the political process and take pride in exercising their franchise. The school observed a week long celebration through various activities like Poster Making, Nukkad Natak, Slogan Writing etc. The event was graced by Mr. N.P.Singh, District Magistrate, Gautam Budh Nagar, Shri Bheem Singh – District Inspector of Schools, Gautam Budh Nagar and Dr. Vibha Chauhan, Principal Govt. High School.
The winners of the poster making competition were felicitated on this day. Divya Tandon of DPS Expressway won the competition and the 2nd and 3rd positions were bagged by Krishna Nayak of Savitri Bai Phule Balika Inter College and Kajal Kumari of Mahamaya Inter College respectively.
The school also presented a Nukkad Natak titled ‘Jagrook Matdata’ which was appreciated by all and won many hearts. Harshit Tiwari of DPS Noida recited a poem – ‘Chunaav nahi, Matdaan Karen’ which earned a loud round of applause. The event inculcated a sense of responsibility and duty towards the Nation inside each student present there.
- The students of the Junior Wing celebrated Republic Day with a lot of excitement and fanfare. They brought tricoloured tiffins and sang patriotic songs. Craft activities were conducted in class. Children watched videos of Republic Day parade on Smart Boards in their classes. The spirit of patriotism was all around.
- A colourful, vibrant celebration was organised to commemorate the 68th year of the celebration of the Indian Republic. Patriotic Songs and dances were presented by the students after the flag hoisting ceremony. Students and teachers marched to the drum beats with their heads held high, steeped in the sentiment of patriotism. The Principal Mrs. Kamini Bhasin, in her address, spoke about the importance of commitment and passion towards the growth and development of the nation. She exhorted the student community to work towards building a strong, progressive India. A student delivered a speech about the importance of the day and its historical significance. A dance performance ‘Vande Mataram’ concluded the event.
- 418 students from classes II to V participated in the United International English Olympiad. Nishit Jha of Class III secured All India Rank I and was awarded Tablet PC, Medal, CD, Book prize, and certificate of Appreciation. Aadi Jain, Divya Jha and Navya Saini of Class IV secured All India Rank II and were awarded cash prize of Rs. 500 each. 14 students from classes III to V were declared National Achievers.
- Around 350 students of class V paid a tribute to the valiant son of the soil, Subhash Chandra Bose. The programme began with the lighting of the lamp followed by a welcome address by the principal. A melodious orchestra presentation, which was a rendition of Desh Raga mesmerized all. The choir group paid their tribute to the country with their patriotic song. Elaborate stage settings, authentic period costumes and the original sound track of Subhash Chandra Bose’s speech brought alive the aura of the time and the passion of the Indian nationalists struggling for independence. On this occasion the meritorious students were felicitated with excellence awards in scholastic and co-scholastic areas.
- Anirudh Agarwal of class XII received a Certificate of Excellence and a Merit Certificate for scoring the highest percentile at the International Commerce Olympiad-2016, in which 1500 students from all over India participated. Nitish Virmani of class XI secured a certificate of excellence and a Merit Certificate for scoring percentile 30 among the 17000 candidates that appeared from class XI from schools all over India.
January 28 to 29
- The 1st Open National Karate Championship was organized by All India Shito-Ayu Karate at the Noida Stadium. Our junior wing karate champs won 5 silver medals and 7 bronze medals in this championship.
- Darsh Kedia of class IV and Aditya Srivastava of class VI scored a 100 percentile in the NGSE- Mains(National Genius Search Examination) conducted in December 2016. Seventy six students out of 247 have qualified for the NGSE Advance with seven students scoring between 99-99.8 percentile.
- 12 students of classes IX-X participated in the Amity Sanskrit Olympiad-10 organised by Amity International Saket. The result will be declared in March.
- 376 students of classes VI-XII participated in the International English Olympiad, organised by Science Olympiad Foundation, in the school premises.