April 1 – 13
- 27 students along with two teachers visited Denmark as a part of the 3rd Indo-Danish Student Exchange Programme 2016-17. The programme was a whirlpool of activities involving learning about the culture, the place and the people. The enthusiastic students visited historical museums, beautiful churches, and libraries to soak in the rich culture of Denmark. They also visited Copenhagen and Berlin where they saw the Berlin Wall, the Reichstag, the Victory Tower and the Holocaust Memorial. They came back with a treasure of memories to cherish.
April 1 – May 16
- The Interact Club of DPSN organised a Book Donation Drivecalled the “Be My Buddy Campaign” wherein students from all across the school donated their old books for their less privileged friends in the society. The collection process was a success with 24 huge cartons filled up with books donated to Gyanshakti Vidyalaya, Sector-93 and Sai Kripa Orphanage. At the school the interactors spent quality time with the children of classes I-III. They also emphasised on the importance of books and education.
- A demonstration on the working of Extra Marks Smart Boardsinstalled in Junior Wing was held in the AV room for the teachers of Classes III to V to help them recapitulate the functioning of Extra Marks. This was followed by a question / answer session where the teachers’ queries were answered by the visiting team of Extra Marks.
- 298 students of the Astronomy Club from classes IV and V attended the Astronomy Session held in the evening in the school grounds with great enthusiasm along with their teachers and parents. It was a great learning experience for students to observe the craters on our only satellite, the moon, and Sirius, the brightest star seen from Earth through the telescope.
- Aditi Sharma of class VII was felicitated with a laptop as an award for winning the Second Prize at the National Level Exam of the French Olympiad, organised by Education and Beyond Pvt Ltd, in collaboration with the FrenchEmbassy. The prize distribution ceremony was held at the Institut Francais en Inde in New Delhi.
- A grand Orientation Programme was conducted to welcome the parents of the new entrants to classes Nursery and Prep. The programme was aimed at apprising the parents about the DPS culture, ethos and strong values. The team of teachers of classes Nursery and Prep was also introduced to the parents. The cultural programme included a group song presentation, Kathak and Western dance performances, a short film and a presentation by the school counselor.
- At the Boys Under 14 District Basketball Championship held at Mayoor School, Noida. DPSN got the Second Runners UP Trophy. 18 schools from Noida and Grater Noida participated in this competition. Kishlay Garg and Amish of class VII and Vamsi of class VIII have been selected for the State Championships.
- Shashwat Mundra of class VII received the prestigious Achiever’s Award for being the subject topper(Maths) in ASSET Winter, held in December, 2016.
- Ayush Asthana of Class XII won a trip to Japan through the Inspire Awards Sankura Exchange Programmes sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. He was one of the 60 students selected from all over India for this prestigious Award Scheme. He visited Japan from 27th May to 3rd June 2017.
- DPSN organised the DELF Junior Exam for French, for the third consecutive year. 235 students from 10 DPS schools from Delhi-NCR registered for the exam at A1, A2 and B1 levels. DELF is an internationally recognised certification issued by the French Ministry of National Education. The team from IFI which oversaw the exam included Mr. Kripalianni, All India Coordinator for DELF and Ms.Caroline Schmitt, attachee de cooperation for French language in the Embassy of France. They both lauded the efforts of the DPS team and praised the impeccable organisation of the exam.
- Manpreet of the German Department attended a Fit in Deutsch 2 orientation held by Max Mueller Bhavan to guide the teachers about the new pattern in the exam.
- Kaamini Bhasin, Principal DPS Noida was awarded the ‘Best Zonal Principal Awardby UP and Uttarakhand Zone 2016-17’ by the Academic Council of Science Olympiad Foundation. This award was in recognition of the excellent performance of students in the SOF Olympiad Exams conducted during the academic year 2016-17. She received a Trophy, a citation and a cash award of Rs.10,000/-.
- 150 Astronomy Club students of class VI attended an Astronomy Session at Camp Mustang on Sohna Road near Gurgaon.
- DPSN Boys (U-14) Football Team won the 1st Inter School Football Tournament U-14 Boys organised by Fuelz Sports Event Management Company, in collaboration with District Football Association, Gautam Budh Nagar. 12 teams from Noida and Greater Noida participated. Krish Malik of class VII got the Best Player of the Tournament Award. The event was hosted by Aster Public School, Greater Noida.
- 12 German learners of DPS Noida, along with two teachers, visited Germany during the 11th Indo German Student Exchange Programme 2016-17. The Indian students were hosted by the students from Gymnasium bie St. Michel, Schwabisch Hall and Lise Mietner Gymnasium, Crailsheim. From the enthusiastic welcome at Frankfurt to the tearfulheart-breaking farewell a month later, it was a time of bonding, integration into a new culture and broadening of horizons. The Indian delegation was felicitated by the Mayor in Schwabisch Hall. There were visits to Mercedes Benz Museum, the Concentration Camp at Dakau, Adventure Sports Zones, Castles etc. The Indian students excelled in Collage Making, Maths Class and going live on a Radio Show. The time spent with the host families was an invaluable life skill lesson that developed bonds that would last a lifetime.
- Six teachers of classes IX-XI alongwith Ms. Aditi Mitra attended the Annual Adolescent Peer Educators, Life Skills Leadership Course at National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan. The session was conducted by Dr. Jitender Nappal (Head, Expression India) who discussed the issues faced by adolescents and the need for life skills. The other speakers were Mr. J.L. Pandey (Former Head, NCERT), Mr. Mahesh Madgakri, member Health Care and Mr. Malay Mukherjee, CMD, IFC.
- Six teachers from DPSN (TGT’s) attended a programme on ‘Assessment and Evaluation’ conducted by DPSS-HRD Centre. The programme focussed on non instructional objectives achieved through the learning process and how assessment and evaluation work together can more effectively to improve student outcomes.
- At the Interschool Basketball Tournament (Boys 7 Girls U-14) organised by Step by Step School, Noida, DPSN won the 1st Runners Up Trophy in both the categories.
- Aditi Mitra, Counsellor, DPSN attended a workshop, along with 5 students from classes IX-XI at National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan on Life Skills and Leadership. The students were trained to become peer educators in the school on the issues faced by adolescents. The guests present during the session were Mr.J.L. Pandey (Former Head, Member NCERT) Mr. Mahesh Madgaokar (Member, Healthcare) and Mr. Malay Mukherjee(CMD, IFC)
April 19-May 4
- 9 students of DPSN visited the IES Condesa Eylo Alfonso School, Valladolid, Spain as part of the Indo-Spanish Exchange Programme, accompanied by Mrs. Sunita Pandey. Students lived with the families of their counterparts during their visit, participating in everyday activities, meeting members of the extended families and accompanying them to various events. The delegation also attended classes at the school which gave them an opportunity to understand the contrast and similarities between the educational structure of India and Spain.
- The Environment Club of DPSN organised a grand event to celebrate Earth Day’s 47th anniversary. Various ‘Green’ Inter Section Competitions were organised on the theme , ‘Connecting people to Nature’. A Special Assembly was held in the morning. The Principal Mrs. Kaamini Bhasin administered a pledge to all the students for sustainable living and nature conservation. A short skit on the theme was presented by the students of the Hindi Theatre Club, Mukhaute, as well as a western song exhorting the youth to cherish their environment. Various competitions were organised for the entire school through the day such as preparation of usable items from leaves, presentation of organic food tray, Newspaper dressing up of dolls and Photography Competition on the theme ‘ Nature is Action’. The students were also shown a film related to the Earth Day to sensitise them about the importance of preserving their environment.
- The Junior Wing students celebrated Earth Day with great enthusiasm and a passionate resolve to protect mother Nature. Nursery Wing students coloured worksheets and students of other classes made badges, pen holders, T-shirt bags, all using waste items, thus promoting recycling. Earth Day songs were shown on smart boards and later all students took a pledge to protect their planet.
- Contemporary Music Group from Germany Ensemble Mosaicconducted a lecture demonstration at DPS Noida. Founded in 1997 by young instrumentalists and composers in Berlin, this band is one of Germany’s most renowned ensembles for Contemporary Music. The group, with its five band members, held an interactive session with over 200 students of DPS Noida (VII-IX) with the latter trying their instruments, tools and softwares. 50 students from DPS Indirapuram also participated in this event. It was a great learning experience for the young music lovers of the school as they learnt the intricacies of instruments such as cello drums and synthesisers and the magic that they can produce. Over 150 students of the Western Music Club of DPSN ‘Harmonics’participated enthusiastically in this event.
- The students of the Junior Wing held a Special Assembly to celebrate Earth Day in order to sensitize the young students about the numerous blessings that they receive from Mother Nature. The importance of following the 3 Rs – ‘Reduce, Recycle, Reuse’ was presented effectively through the presentation of a poem and skit. The highlight of the assembly was a dance recital by the famous Odissi dancer Shri Nityananda who lost one leg in a road accident.
- DPS Noida participated in the Mega School Earthquake Evacuation Drill Programme conducted by the Disaster Management Cell, (DCM) Noida. As many as 101 schools from Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway participated in the drill as a step towards disaster resilience. During the mock drill students responded to the simulation of an earthquake that prepared them to tackle natural calamities. Around 3000 students of DPS Noida, who assembled in the school grounds, were briefed on road safety and fire fighting techniques. This was followed by a mock earthquake evacuation drill where acting under the sound of the hooter, the students ducked under their desks for 10 seconds and then evacuated the building within minutes moving to safe zones.
The officials from NDRC who witnessed the drill, appreciated the preparedness and the promptness of the students. They also gave them tips on appropriate safety measures at the time of unpredictable disasters. Principal DPS Noida, Kaamini Bhasin lauded the efforts of the teachers and students and said that the entire exercise was executed and presented impeccably.
- At the Inter School German Language Competition‘Deutsch Jamboree’ held in K.R. Mangalam World School, G.K. II, in association with Goethe Institute (Max Mueller Bhavan), DPS Noida won the 1st prize in the Music and Band Competition (VI-X) and the 2nd prize in the German Bavarian Dance Competition (V-VIII).
- DPSN won theBest Delegation Award at RISMUN (Ryan International, Vasant Kunj). The school won 2 Best Delegate Awards, 3 High Commendation Awards, and 3 Special Mentions.
- Anand Choudhary of class XI won the 3rd prize in ‘Kalrav’- Hindi Vaibhav – a self composed recitation competition, at the Inter DPS Bhasha Sahitya Utsav – ‘Triveni-2017’ held at DPS Bulandshahar.