- More than 320 students from classes VII – IX participated in the School Edition of the Dorling Kindersley Quiz (DK Quiz), held in the school. Sambhav Mishra and Ankit Singh of class VIII emerged the winners and would now be representing the school in the City Finals.
- An agreement was signed between DPS Society, DPS Noida and Institut Francais en Inde (French Institute in India) for conducting the DELF Junior Examination Sessions for the year 2016 in DPS Noida, for students of DPS Schools in Delhi and NCR. Under the terms of the agreement the examination would be jointly managed by Mrs. Caroline Schmitt, Atachee for cooperation in French language and DPS Noida.
- Satakshi Kumar (Class IV) and Shreya Jana (Class V) participated in the ‘International Festival- Children Are Painting The World, Asia.’ Their entries have been selected for the special album which will be published by the organizers to commemorate the 1000th Anniversary of Almaty City.
August 2 – 4
- DPS Noida won 18 prizes at Melange 2016, held at Pragyan School, Greater Noida. Students won the First Position in Poetry writing, English Recitation, English Debate, Sudoku, Story Narration, Science Quiz, Maths Quiz and Poster Making in MS Word. The students won the 2nd prize in Hindi Kavita Vachan, English Declamation, Contemporary Dance and Collage Making.
- Samriddhi Govil and Ryanna Jacob of class XI won the 2nd prize in the e-paper presentation in the Dhananjay Mohan Inter School Science Symposium, held at Amity International Noida. Participants from over 32 schools in Delhi/NCR participated in this event.
- DPS Noida debaters got the Second Prize at the Inter School English Debate Competition, hosted by Amity School, Vasundhara.
August 3 – 5
- Karan Sharma of DPS Noida got the Secretary General’s Award at Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigargh, BVC MUN, 2016. 2 students got special Mention Award and 1 student got a High Recommendation.
- The Spellers of DPS Noida, Sneha Chaudhry(VIII) and Advait Mishra(VII) won the 1st prize in Spellaratti, hosted by Amity International, Vasundhara.
- The students of Classes I & II celebrated Friendship Day. They made beautiful head bands with the message ‘Friends Forever’ thus cherishing the spirit of love and freedom.
- Misthi Mittal (V-B) secured the 1st position in the Sit and Draw Competition held at Lotus Valley School, Noida.
- DPS Noida won the 1st prize in News Reporting at the Annual Computer Fest of Genesis Global School Noida.
August 5 – 6
- DPSN Quizzers secured the 2nd position in the Science Tech Quiz at the 5th R.L. Chopra Memorial Inter School Quiz Festival – Qriosity – hosted by New Era Public School, Mayapuri. They also secured the 3rd position in the General Quiz category.
- DPS Noida got the First Prize in the Short Skit Competition, T-Shirt Designing and News Reporting at LANDMARK – a cultural extravaganza held at Genesis Global School, Noida.
August 5 – 7
- Mrs. Sunita Pandey, HOD, Hindi Sanskrit Department, conducted a workshop for the teachers of DPS Guwahati. She conducted sessions on various teaching techniques and activities, curriculum planning and teaching with the help of activities based on language skills.
- DPSN Swimmers won the Runners Up Trophy at the Inter School Swimming Meet, organised by YMCA, Greater Noida. Five students won individual Championship in their respective groups. Five silver and six bronze medals were won.
- 600 candidates took the Prelims of the Civil Services Exam held at DPS Noida. The directions for the exam were sent by the UPGovernment and the exam was conducted by UPSC.
- 8 boxes of Rakhis and Messages were dispatched by the Interact Club for the bravehearts of our country, the unknown soldiers on the borders of the North Western Frontier Province. 2 boxes were sent to Siachen and 2 to the BSF, Punjab. 4 boxes were sent to Dainik Jagran to commemorate Bharat Raksha Parv.
- Aditya Krishna of class IX got the 2nd prize and Ayush Asthana of class X got the third prize at the District level INSPIRE(Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) programme, sponsored and managed by the Ministry of Science and Technology. They were allocated to prepare a model which was exhibited at State Inter College, Noida. The aim of this prestigious programme is to attract talent to the field of Science at an early age. The two students have now been selected for the State Level Exhibition which will be followed by the National Level.
- The theatre students of DPS Noida won the First Prize at the Annual Inter School Street Play Competition organised by G.D. Goenka Public School, Ghaziabad.
- An Inter Section Quiz FLAMES (Food, Literature, Art, Music, Entertainment and Sports) was conducted for the students of class X by the Quiz club Enigma – to hone their skills in Quizzing. There was mass participation in the prelims followed by on-stage finals.
- DPSN organised an Inter House Music and Dance Competition to commemorate the 70th Independence Day of the nation. The six houses of the School presented melliflous folk songs of India depicting its rich and diverse culture right from the Sufi Song ‘Damadam Mast Kalandar’ to the Bhavani and folk lores of Rajasthan and Punjab. The students also performed vibrant dances showcasing ‘Patriotism’ through tricolour costumes and formations of National symbols like Peacock, Tiger, Lotus etc.The competition was judged by the experienced Music and Dance Faculty of DPS Noida.
- To celebrate the spirit of independence and evoke patriotism various inhouse activities were organized for the Junior Wing students of DPS Noida. The students of classes Nursery and Prep dressed up as freedom fighters and spoke a few lines about the character they were depicting. The students of Classes I and II coloured tricolour Nehru caps and worksheets on National symbols. Tricoloured badges with slogans were made by Class III students. The students of Classes IV and V made posters with patriotic poems and ‘write ups’ about their beautiful country and later on decorated these posters with National Symbols. Videos on Independence Day were shown on smart boards in all classes and the students sang patriotic songs with a great deal of pride, spreading the spirit of independence.
- Arnesh Pati of class V bagged the 1st position in Math – o – Mania at VIVIDHA the Inter School Fiesta, organised at Ahlcon Public School, Mayur Vihar. The students from DPS Noida also won the 2nd prize in Little Chef (Salad Decoration) and Patriotic Song Competition and 3rd Prize in Geometrical Drawing Competition DPS Noida bagged the Overall Trophy at this event.
August 12 – 13
- DPS Noida swimmers won the Overall Championship at the Inter School Swimming Competition held at Modern School, Noida with over 15 medals in various categories.
August 12 – 14
- DPS Noida won the ‘Overall Outstanding Delegation Award ‘ at the Model United Nations Conference, held at Presidium School, Gurgaon. The team won three Best Delegate Awards and two Special Mentions.
- DPSN won the Overall Rolling Trophy at the Annual Inter School Theatre Festival “Theatron ” organised by Expressions Theatre Club DPS R.K.Puram. They got the First Prize for the Best Stage Play, the Best Actor in a stage play and the Second Prize in Face off Competition.
- DPS Noida students and teachers celebrated Independence Day with great fervour and gaiety. Students made posters, sang patriotic/national songs and performed dances to commemorate the Indian Independence Day. The Principal, Mrs. Kamini Bhasin, gave a rousing speech, exhorting the students to dedicate themselves to their nation by adopting the values that are the hallmarks of rich Indian tradition and culture and making their nation proud through their achievements.
- DPS Noida qualified for the Nationals at the Inter DPS Zonal Dance Competition hosted by DPS Indirapuram.
- A galaxy of luminaries from various walks of life, Members of Delhi Public School Society, Principals of Delhi Public Schools, family and friends gathered at HotelLalit, Barakhamba Road to launch the third novel of Shri. Pramod Grover, Treasurer and Senior member DPS Society, in the presence of Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Honourable Union Minister of State, Tourism and Culture. Published by Rising Sun, Pitamber Group of Publications, the book “Far Fetched Love” is an engaging story of love and longing which has at its core, the fascinating possibilities of the IVF procedure.
A lively interactive session between the author and the audience marked the event. A Saraswati Vandana and a Kathak Dance recital by students from DPS Noida made the occasion more hallowed
While launching Shri. Pramod Grover’s newest offering ‘Far Fetched Love’, Dr. Mahesh Sharma spoke about the role of literature as a mirror to society. He emphasized that books give us keen insights into the world of others and see a perspective which we would otherwise never experience.
- DPSN got the 1st prize in Quiz and 2nd prize in Gaming at Minet, the Inter School Computer Event hosted by Mother’s International School.
- DPSN won the Rolling Trophy in the First Inter School English Group Recitation Competition, held at Lotus Valley International School, Noida.
- An Inter Section Science Quiz was organised for the students of class VII with 45 teams.
- 33 girl students of class XII (2015-16 batch) who scored above 92% in their CBSE Board Exam were felicitated at a function organised at Gautam Budh Balak Inter College, Greater Noida, under the ‘Medhavi Kanya Vidyadhan Yojana’- 2016 scheme. They were given award money of Rs. 30,000/- each as a recognition of their academic calibre.
- To foster the feeling of love among children ‘Raksha Bandhan’ was celebrated in classes Nursery to II with a lot of joy and excitement. The children made smileys and rabbit shaped rakhis which they later tied on each other’s wrists. They watched ‘Rakhi Songs’ on the Smart Board in their classrooms.
- A workshop for class X was conducted by the school counsellor on ‘Enhancing Emotional Quotient’. It dealt with making students strong enough to say no to drugs and protect themselves from substance abuse. It also conveyed a strong message to the students that time management is an integral part of being successful in life.
- Ms. Aditi Mitra Counsellor, DPSN attended a workshop, alongwith four students, on life skills leadership course at the National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan. The workshop was organised by Expressions India, the second in a series of six planned by them on life skills, helping students to become peer educators in their school.
- DPS Noida won the First Prize in a Quiz Competition and the Second in Gaming at the Computer Event organised by Mother’s International School, Delhi.
- DPS Noida won the 2nd prize in the Economics Quiz, Economics Puzzles and Brand Advertising at BRO Aloysius Interschool Matriz E.Comm, 2016, hosted by Mt. St. Mary’s School. The students won the 3rd prize in Trading Currencies Competition.
- The e spice Club of DPS Noida hosted, “e Spice v13.0”, an Inter school IT Competition which showcased a plethora of online and onsite events. Over 30 schools of Delhi NCR participated in the thirteenth edition of this annual symposium which comprised 12 events across the board.
The online event “Cryptic Hunt” that started at the midnight hour of 13th August and ended 14th of August, 2016 was an online treasure hunt that witnessed a mammoth participation of 600 students.
The onsite competitions that were held on the day of the function included Music Mixing, Flash Animation, Snapography, Quiz cross, Senior Programming alongwith many other challenging events.
A Group Discussion on the latest use of Information Technology and a Surprise Event disclosed on the same day gave the participants an apt platform to present their talent.
The short film “Bits To Tetrabytes-A Cinematic Experience”, conceptualized by the young computer geeks of the e-Spice club of DPS Noida followed by a breathtaking and vibrant dance performance by the students was highly appreciated by the audience.
Noted Delhi based Film maker Mr. Prashant Sehgel who is also an alumunus of DPS Noida and renowned photojournalist Mr. T. Narayan along with former office bearers of e spice club were among the panel of judges.
The Overall Trophy was won by DPS Vasant Kunj.
- A ‘Need Assessment Sheet’ was submitted by DPS Noida to DPS Society, comprising inputs of experienced Maths Teachers regarding the imminent week long Enrichment Programme in Mathematics for PGT’s to be held in November/December, 2016. The Maths faculty discussed the programme exhaustively and submitted a comprehensive report in order to tailor make the programme to their needs.
- The Green Growers Club of class I conducted an environmental friendly activity in the front lawns of the school. The children planted a variety of air purifying plants in the old tyres. The scientific and environmental benefits of these plants were discussed in the class.
August 22 – 23
- The swimmers of DPSN bagged the 1st Runners Up Trophy and won many medals at the Inter School Swimming Competition held at Step By Step School, Noida. They were awarded 25 gold medals, 7 silver medals and 11 bronze medals. Arihan Deshwal of class X received the Best Swimmer Trophy.
August 22 – 24
- Dr. Rupali Srivastava of the Hindi-Sanskrit Department conducted a session on ‘Conducting and Assessing Sanskrit activities based on CCE’ at a workshop for teachers of Sanskrit at middle and secondary level at HRD Centre, Dwarka. Approximately 40 teachers from different Delhi Public Schools across the country attended this workshop. Mrs. Noopur of the Junior School attended the event as a participant.
- At ‘Resplendence – 2016′ the Annual Inter School Cultural Festival of Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida DPSN won the 2nd prize in Canvas painting and On the Spot Decorative Wall Hanging.
- Class I successfully completed the Integrated Project named – ‘At Play in My Wonderful World’. The children enjoyed working with the gardener and their teachers while going on a Nature Walk and planting some plants in the school lawns.
- A group of 8 students from classes IV and V bagged the 1st position in the English Skit Competition and Science Symposium held at Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida during ‘Resplendence 2016′- the Annual Inter School Cultural Festival. They also bagged the First position in Science Symposium and the 2nd prize in Social Science Model Making Competition.
- 82 students from classes VI-VIII participated in the CBSE WWF India Wild Wisdom Quiz, 2016, organised by the Environment Club in collaboration with WWF Inidia, in the school premises. The theme of the Quiz was, ‘Biodiversity and Evolution’. Two students were selected to go for the City Level Quiz, to be held on 26th September, 2016.
- The M.C. Meeting of DPS Noida was held at DPS Society Office, East of Kailash.
- DPSN Commerce students won the Overall Trophy at the Commerce Fest organised by G.D.Goenka School, Greater Noida, with the 1st prize in ‘Quizomania’ and the 2nd prize in ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ and ‘My Stand Up Venture’.
- At ‘Code Wars – 2016′, the Inter School Annual Computer Event, organisd by DPS Vasant Kunj, DPS Noida got the 1st prize in Senior and Junior Quiz as well as Gaming and the second in Crossword.
- In keeping with the ongoing Integrated Project on the topic “TEETH”, a workshop was conducted for the students of Class II by Dr. Keshav Naithani, a dentist. He explained the importance and techniques of brushing teeth. The children learnt various ways of keeping teeth and gums healthy, thus inculcating the importance of good oral care.
- Janmashtami was celebrated with great devotion by children of Classes Nursery to II. Children made cards, armbands in the shape of a peacock’s feather and decorated Lord Krishna’s ‘mukut’. Children also sang bhajans like ‘Maiya Morie’. Later, the kids enjoyed watching a short movie that depicted Lord Krishna’s birth and his mischievous childhood activities.
- At the Inter School Basketball Tournament, held at Ramagya School, Noida, DPS Noida were awarded the Third Position
- DPSN won the Overall First position in the ‘ Mathematika – 2016′ , hosted by Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida. The Maths wizards got the 1st prize in ‘ Beyond Infinity Quiz’ and ‘ Maths Wizard’ (IX-X) competitions. They got the 3rd prize in Model Making(IV-V) and Maths Wizard(XII).
- 67 students of classes VI-XII cleared the 1st level of the International Maths Olympiad (IMO) conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation. The Zonal Gold Trophy was awarded to Shashwat Mudra of class VII for getting State Rank 1. 24 students received cash prizes and gifts.
- At AXIOM, 2016, Inter School Maths Competition, hosted by DPS Dwarka, DPS Noida bagged the 1st Runners Up position with one Gold medal and two Silver medals
- Mrs. Kamini Bhasin, Principal, DPSN attended an Emergent meeting in the District Magistrate’s office, presided over by the Chief Secretary, alongwith other Principals of Noida, regarding an advisory on the widespread outbreak of flu.
- Five BEd students of SPM College, Delhi University, affiliated with CIE, DU, visited DPS Noida to observe regular classroom teaching and understand the school as a system. They were engaged at two levels, namely Upper Primary(classes VI-VIII) and Secondary (IX-X) level.
- The singers of DPS Noida won the 2nd prize in Group Song and 3rd prize in the Solo Classical Competitions held at DAV School, Sector-56, Noida.
August 26 – 27
- DPSN swimmers won the Overall Trophy and bagged a record number of gold medals creating two new individual records and two records in relay events at the Senior UP State Championship, organised by UP Swimming Association at Lucknow. Aaliya Singh of class VIII and Shlok Agarwal of class XI have been selected to represent UP State in Senior National Swimming Championship scheduled to be held at Ranchi from 24th-28th September 2016. Aaliyah Singh, won the Best Swimmer of the Tournament Award.
- DPS Noida quizzers won the 3rd prize in the prestigious Columban Open Quiz out of 187 teams of Delhi/NCR in a competition that lasted two days. They got a Prize cheque for Rs.3000/-. Another team from DPS Noida bagged the 5th position in the same event with prize money of Rs.2000/-
- The French students of DPS Noida won the First Prize in ‘Chantons Ensemble'(French Group Song) and ‘Concours de Poesie (French Poem), at ‘Le Jour Francophone’ – Inter School French Language Festival organised by DPS Ghaziabad.
- DPS Noida won the First Prize in ‘Hindi Bhaashan Competition organised by DAV School, Sector-56, Noida. They won the 3rd prize in Drawing Competition and a consolation prize for painting.
- Exhibiting the rich cultural heritage of our country, the students of class IX, DPS Noida presented ‘Atulya Bharat – The Incredible India’. As a mark of celebrating unity in diversity and shedding their socio economic differences, the students joined hands to manifest the ideals of team work, tolerance and co-existence that forms the very core of our ‘Sanskriti’.
Be it the surreal Kashmir or ‘God’s own country’ Kerala, the vibrant Rajasthan and Gujrat or the lively Goa and Punjab, the ‘heart of India’ Madhya Pradesh or the amazing Uttar Pradesh, the students depicted the mystic lands of India through impressive Power Point Presentations and a blend of music, dance and drama.
Principal DPS Noida, Mrs. Kamini Bhasin,congratulated the students for their flawless performance and felt that such events not only give them an opportunity to showcase their talent but also provide them with wings of freedom to explore the world.
- DPS Noida won the Overall Trophy at the Inter School Boys Basketball Tournament(Under 16) held at Modern School, Noida.
- Mrs. Avantika Arora, Counsellor, DPSN was the Resource Expert at the workshop titled, ‘Teachers as a Researcher and a Counsellor’ – Elementary Classes at DPSS HRDC Dwarka. She conducted two sessions on ‘Observation as a Tool and Perception’ and ‘No child is left behind’. The workshop focussed on the role of the teacher as a researcher and a counsellor.
August 30 – 31
- Mrs. Manoj More and Mrs. Harpreet Kaur of the Maths Department attended a two day workshop ‘Crafting Mathematical Ideas’ at DPS Society – Lodhi Road, New Delhi, for the teachers of classes VI-VIII. The workshop aimed at emphasising upon the clarity of concepts and creating an interest among students towards learning and understanding of Maths. The programme included a discussion on teaching practices, model questioneering and how to take further the teaching of Mathematics in middle schools.
- DPS Noida won the First Prize in Ad Mad, Second Prize in Quiz, Movie Fest and Paint X at the TAPS Fest, 2016, organised by Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan.
- DPSN won the overall trophy at ESPIRIT 2016-17, a Maria Montessori Inter School Fiesta, hosted by Bal Bharti Public School, Noida. The students of the Junior School won the 1st prize in Kavita Vachan- ‘Saare Jahan Se Acha Hindustan Humara’. They also won the 2nd prize in Depiction of traditional wedding costumes competition and the 3rd position in Collage Making – Incredible India!